This pretty stone cottage is situated in the Castle Howard Estate village of Coneysthorpe. With two cosy wood burning stoves, furnished with items from Castle Howard itself, and carefully chosen modern furnishings, the cottage is perfectly appointed. A picturesque garden with trickling stream is the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the region.
The delightful village of Coneysthorpe on the Castle Howard Estate sits at the heart of the Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Perfectly placed in rural North Yorkshire; the North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Coast and medieval city of York are all easily accessible. Castle Howard, which is just a stone’s throw from the village, is one of Britain’s finest stately homes and was built in the 18th century by Sir John Vanbrugh. The nearby market town of Malton boasts an impressive array of independent food outlets, cafes, restaurants and shops with popular food markets taking place each month.
The Howardian Hills and North York Moors offer endless footpaths and bridleways and are popular with cyclists, walkers and nature lovers. The rugged Yorkshire Coast includes towns such as Whitby and Scarborough as well as smaller fishing villages including Sandsend and Robin Hood’s Bay, all within an hours drive. The city of York is just 15 miles away and offers many attractions including museums, galleries, river cruises, York Minster, the medieval walls and a huge variety of shop and restaurants.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Please note this property has low beams
- Designated parking for two vehicles at rear of property.
- The property boasts two secluded patio areas with garden furniture. These overlook a large shared garden, complete with orchard and trickling stream. The garden is not fully enclosed.
- Children over five years old welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum stay of three nights.
- Entry passes to Castle Howard valid for the duration of your stay.
- Patio area with outdoor dining table and deck chairs.
- Furnished with vintage pieces, items from Castle Howard itself and carefully chosen modern furnishings.
- Television with Freeview TV.
- DVD player.
- Combined fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric cooker and gas hob, microwave, washer/dryer.
- Initial wood supply provided in baskets by the wood burning stoves. Additional logs/kindling available to purchase from the Castle Howard Garden Centre open 7 days/week. Delivery possible on request.
This pretty stone cottage is situated in the Castle Howard Estate village of Coneysthorpe. With two cosy wood burning stoves and furnished with antiques from Castle Howard itself, the cottage has carefully chosen modern furnishings, and is perfectly appointed. A picturesque garden with trickling stream the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the region.