Lime Kiln Farmhouse - Cottage holidays in Castle Howard, Yorkshire
Here are the details for Lime Kiln Farmhouse ideal for a cottage holiday in Castle Howard, Yorkshire. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
This pretty stone built 18th century farmhouse with views of Castle Howard is situated in the attractive rural Castle Howard estate village of Coneysthorpe with easy access onto the Centenary Way. Furnished and decorated by the late Lady Susan Howard with a unique blend of antiques and vintage pieces from Castle Howard itself and carefully chosen contemporary furnishings, the cottage is beautifully appointed. Downstairs comprises a living room with cosy wood burner, a second sitting room also with a wood burner, a well appointed and spacious kitchen/dining room, utility room, shower room/WC and a bedroom suitable for two children. Upstairs two double bedrooms and two bathrooms complete the property. A picturesque garden includes a patio area with outdoor dining table and deck chairs and is the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the region.
The delightful village of Coneysthorpe on the Castle Howard Estate sits at the heart of the Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Perfectly placed in rural North Yorkshire; the North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Coast and medieval city of York are all easily accessible. Castle Howard, which is just a stone’s throw from the village, is one of Britain’s finest stately homes and was built in the 18th century by Sir John Vanbrugh. The nearby market town of Malton boasts an impressive array of independent food outlets, cafes, restaurants and shops with popular food markets taking place each month.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests (maximum four adults).
- Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed and en-suite.
- Bedroom with 6' zip and link bed and family bathroom.
- Ground floor bedroom with bunk beds suitable for two children and shower room.
- Wood burning stoves in sitting room and snug.
- Picturesque enclosed garden and patio.
- Designated parking at the rear of the property.
- Children over 5 years welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs (small additional charge).
- Monday and Friday arrivals.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Entry passes to Castle Howard valid for the duration of your stay.
- Furnished with vintage pieces from Castle Howard and carefully chosen contemporary furnishings.
- Freestanding range cooker, microwave and combined fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Nespresso machine.
- Smart TV and DVD player.
- Outdoor dining table and deck chairs.
- Initial wood supply provided in baskets by the wood burning stoves. Additional logs/kindling available to purchase from the Castle Howard Garden Centre open 7 days/week. Delivery possible on request.
This 18th century stone Farmhouse with its own private enclosed garden is situated in the Castle Howard Estate village of Coneysthorpe. The farmhouse is furnished with antiques from Castle Howard itself and is perfectly placed in rural North Yorkshire. The North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Coast and medieval city of York are all easily accessible.
|Lime Kiln Farmhouse has the following Facilities
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 552.00
|This cottage Sleeps
Lime Kiln Farmhouse
|Bookmark this cottage:
||Cottage rental includes
|As you can see Lime Kiln Farmhouse is located in a great location. The perfect base for any holiday around Castle Howard. And well suited to explore the whole of Yorkshire.
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
Key Searches: North Yorkshire holiday cottages | East Yorkshire holiday cottages | South Yorkshire holiday cottages | West Yorkshire holiday cottages
Important note: All information provided about Lime Kiln Farmhouse is for guidance only. yorkshire-cottages.org.uk is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages all over Yorkshire. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.